Three more bureaucrats sanctioned for Paso Express errors

Three more public officials involved in the construction of the 14.5-kilometer Paso Express highway have been sanctioned by the Secretariat of Public Administration (SFP).

The federal department has now identified 11 people who were responsible for errors and omissions that led to the formation of a sinkhole in the highway in July last year, killing a father and his son.

The SFP said yesterday that three personnel at the federal Secretariat of Communications and Transportation (SCT) “did not heed the warnings made by neighbors, a group of lawyers and local authorities about detected dangers in the public works project . . .”

The three former employees are barred from occupying a government position for 10 years.

Two months ago, the SFP imposed similar sanctions against seven SCT employees and one from the National Water Commission. It said they had “engaged in negligent and unlawful conduct during the construction of the public works project” and were guilty of “diverse administrative irregularities in the execution of the [highway’s] contracts.”

Source: Milenio (sp)

Have something to say? Paid Subscribers get all access to make & read comments.
site fof Perfcdt Day

Sheinbaum suspends work on Royal Caribbean’s ‘Perfect Day’ megaproject in Mahahual

1
The "Perfect Day Mexico" project will bring 20,000 cruise ship passengers per day to a huge water park complex at a tiny fishing village aside the world's second-largest reef and threatened mangrove forests.
Former Governor of Sinaloa Rubén Rocha Moya

Mexico blocks bank accounts of former Sinaloa Governor Rocha Moya and other officials

0
The federal government's Financial Intelligence Unit (UIF) has blocked the bank accounts of Sinaloa Governor Rubén Rocha Moya and nine other current and former officials accused of drug trafficking by U.S. prosecutors in an indictment that was unsealed on April 29.
Akron Stadium

Spanish king to attend the Spain-Uruguay World Cup match in Guadalajara

2
The Spanish Royal Household has confirmed that the king will attend the match as part of the agenda for his royal visit at the invitation of President Claudia Sheinbaum and FIFA President Gianni Infantino.
BETA Version - Powered by Perplexity